Thursday 10 March 2011

EFT-Emotional Freedom Techniques

EFT,,,Emotional Freedom Techniques

There is a new depression Itherapy that alot of Dr's are suggesting these days called EFT. It is a form of alternative psychotherapy that uses tapping on acupuncture points while a patient focuses on a specific traumatic memory. This is said to manipulate an energy field practitioners associate with the human body.
Now some people swear by this method ,but as Critics have described the theory behind EFT as pseudoscientific and have suggested that any utility stems from its more traditional cognitive components, such as the placebo effect, the distraction from negative thoughts, and the therapeutic benefit of having someone actually listen

So as you can see the method does have it,s followers and negative followers,,,I tried one session of EFT but found that this form of therapy was definitely "not my cup of tea"! I really don't like someone "tapping" on my head, the whole time instead of feeling a sense of calming I was stressed about them tapping on me!

However that is not to say that it could not work for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment