Friday 4 March 2011

Depression

When people hear you say you are depressed,  they all seem to say at some point
in time I was depressed as well. When you try to explain it is not the same thing,  they
quicly turn and say that you will get over it soon, and that really pisses me off.

Depression is/can effect anyone, holds no age barrierr, male or female, young or old. If you have been really depressed you know how stressing and painful it can be, not just to yourself, but to all your loved ones and all youcan do is hope they stay with you and understand.

In my case I have a great spouse who, reads up on depression, sees how it hurts me and her. She does not understand it all, neither do I but we both try to get through this one day at a time.I would be very lost with out her by my side each day.

Depression is an illness with  no hard and fast cure as of yet. It is a desease that seems to have no end in sight, once you are in that black tunnel you fight like hell to take a step forward,only to be knocked 2 steps back (that is the way it seems to be for me anyway).

It can be a hard fight and if you manage to get a day here ot there without any stumbling then it is a GREAT Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment