Friday 13 May 2011

Journal Entry-Giant Leap

I finally made the decision (after making it and changing it many times) to wean myself  off of my overload of medications.
And yes for some of you who I have talked to about this same thing and told you  never come off  by yourself,,,ask your doctor first.... it falls into the old saying "do as I say, not what I do"!

It may come back to bite me (although it has only been a week since I reduced them), but it has not been as bad as I thought it might be. It can be a painful ,emotional ride, and at times you kick your ass for doing it, but when you feel you have been over medicated (and that the side effects are causing more harm than good) in the end you have to look out for yourself! You need to be in control, listen to your doctor, but in the end you have to be the one to make the decisions.

I am feeling a little more in control of myself, although still extremely tired, especially late day. I tried a can of Red Bull (you know the one that gives you wings!!), but that wasn't such a good idea! WAY too much caffiene!  Will stick out another week at this level then decide if I need to go lower again. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment