Monday 4 April 2011

Negativity

My wife asked me why my posts always seem negative. At first I did not know what to say as she was right.

Then I said I do not have much positive things to talk about. I have my health (so to speak) and other things (family), but are they happy things?

They should be, but to someone like me I have the tendency (as do most who suffer with "D") to only think about only the things I did wrong and the things I have not or cannot do, instead of thinking about the things I have done or that I have.

This is the most difficult part of being depressed, trying to retrain your brain to do the opposite of what it has the tendency to do and as of yet I have not reached that pinnacle (yet).

1 comment:

  1. Gary as I have often told Deborah Lynn and Anna, that self esteem class I took asked me to write down 25 of my accomplishments and 25 things I liked about myself. It was very difficult (being very down at that time) but I did manage to come up with each 25 and it really surprised me as to how much I really have contributed both to myself and others. Norann

    ReplyDelete