Friday 8 July 2011

Journal Entry

I have been experiencing a lot of arthritic pain in both my hip and my knee on the left side. It is not clear yet which is the culprit for the pain. So on July 26 I am having a procedure of injecting freezing  in my hip and or knee(I cannot remember which joint he indicated would be getting the injection). When he talked about it it seemed like a simple procedure but after looking it up it seems a lot more than what I thought. Oh well "no pain, no gain" is what they say and if this leads to eventually easing the pain then I guess I am up for it.

Medial Branch Block

A facet joint injection serves several purposes. First, by placing numbing medicine into the joint, the amount of immediate pain relief you experience will help diagnose the joint as a source of your pain. That is, if you obtain relief of your main pain while the facet joints are numb, then these joints are likely your pain source. Furthermore, time-release cortisone will be injected into these joints to reduce any presumed inflammation, which can, on many occasions, provide long-term pain relief.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment