Tuesday 28 June 2011

Journal Entry-Knee/Hip?

If you have never had a knee replacement, then DON'T. OK, maybe taking advice from me is not in your best interests. I have had 4 done since 2001 and now I am paying for it with Chronic Arthritis.
I can hardly walk and when I do it zaps my energy. I do have a walker but it really doesn't help alleviate the pain, just gives me some stability (if I actually use it that is).
I get one good walk in and that is the end of me for the day, although I force myself to walk more but it kills me and then at night I am off to bed at 9,only place I can get a little bit of relief.

My hip has also been extremely painful lately, my orthopedic surgeon is not quite sure at this point if I need my hip replaced first or my knee redone. He will be doing a test to pinpoint where the pain is actually coming from before he decides which to do.

My wife has laughingly suggested I order a "scooter" for scooting around in! (Although she says I should hang tight til after my next operation to see if it helps or not, but I may be scooting around sooner rather than later!)

No comments:

Post a Comment